How to Make it Big in Hollywood
The fame and popularity that come along with being a Hollywood star is something many people long for. Many people’s lifelong dream is to be a famous actor or actress. Although being rich and famous has its obvious perks, many people don’t consider the total lack of privacy that famous people must endure.
But, if that type of attention doesn’t bother you, then being a famous actor could be right up our alley. A lot of people have the natural ability to act while others have been professionally trained, but in any case, if you want to become an actor, it’s not a bad idea to take some acting courses to get a feel for it.
Here are some other tips that may help make it easier for you to find success in Hollywood:
- Network like crazy. As with any job, often times it’s not about what you know, but who you know. Networking is super important when you’re trying to break into show business. This can be tricky though, because so many people in Hollywood are trying to become famous. You’ve got to find a way to stand out without being annoying or harassing to anyone you come across that’s in the business.
- Have your face in the place. It’s going to be much easier to network and meet people if you are already in Hollywood. If at all possible, move to the Los Angeles area so that you can frequent the clubs and hot spots of the elite.
- Take a picture. Make sure you have some head shots done to hand out when you go to auditions and casting calls.
- Consider an internship. Anyway you can get your foot in the door, you have to go for. Consider trying to intern at a studio, in a director’s office or with an agent. Paid internships are going to be competitive but if you can offer your services for free, you may just land a spot.
- Stay on the search. Keep an eye out for open auditions and casting calls, even for small roles or commercials. You’ve got to start somewhere and any exposure can help you gain experience.
Even if you follow these tips, it’s important to keep a level head. Statistics state that less than one percent of actors actually make it big in Hollywood. And don’t forget, if you don’t make it big as an actor, there is always reality TV.