The Five Best Holiday Movies
The holiday season is here! We’ve eaten the turkey and the radio stations are playing holiday songs 24/7. It’s time to start watching those traditional holiday movies.
For your viewing pleasure, I compiled a list of some of my favorite holiday movies. So next time you need to avoid studying for finals or want to eat a big bag of popcorn with your parents, put on one of these movies and enjoy yourself. After all, the season only comes once a year.
1. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: I remember watching this movie on television many, many times every year when I was a little kid. The scary snowman always struck fear into my heart, but now that I’m older, it’s just a wonderful movie that I still love to watch.
2. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation: The crazy antics are sure to distract you from the stresses of finals week or the pressure of last-minute gift shopping.
3. It’s a Wonderful Life: This movie is sure to make you thankful for all of your blessings and it is a spectacular movie to watch with your family.
4. The Santa Clause (the one with Tim Allen): Another fun movie to watch with your family and friends. It’s also a great movie to show your younger siblings if they start to ask questions about how Santa gets to every house and brings every child the toys he or she wants. This is the first movie in a series staring Tim Allen as the Jolly Saint Nick, so if you want a movie marathon, this is a good choice.
5. Love Actually: This romantic-comedy reminds us that love is all around us during the holiday season. This movie is full of laughs and sentimental moments. After you watch it, you will understand why it was nominated for two Golden Globes.
These are just some of my favorites. What are yours? Post your recommendations below.