Top 10 College Athletes Drafted into the NFL
See the NFL Draft 2010 top 10 draft choices.
This past weekend was one that football fans around the country look forward to each and every year. It provided both hope and excitement for the future of professional football teams. The NFL Draft is a weekend-long event that allows teams in the National Football League to choose the new players for their organization. This event is necessary for expansion of teams as well as the league resembling events one would expect to witness preceding an elementary school game of kick ball. Much like in those elementary school games, the best athletes were chosen first. The top ten draft choices for the 2009 Draft are as follows:
1. Matthew Stafford, quarterback from the University of Georgia. The Detroit Lions drafted Stafford.
2. Jason Smith, offensive tackle from Baylor University. The St. Louis Rams drafted Smith.
3. Tyson Jackson, defensive end from Louisiana State University. The Kansas City Chiefs drafted Jackson.
4. Aaron Curry, outside linebacker from Wake Forest University. The Seattle Seahawks drafted Curry.
5. Mark Sanchez, quarterback from the University of Southern California. The New York Jets drafted Sanchez.
6. Andre Smith, offensive tackle from the University of Alabama. The Cincinnati Bengals drafted Smith.
7. Darrius Heyward-Bey, wide receiver from the University of Maryland. The Oakland Raiders drafted Heyward-Bey.
8. Eugene Monroe, offensive tackle from the University of Virginia. The Jacksonville Jaguars drafted Monroe.
9. B. J. Raji, defensive tackle from Boston College. The Green Bay Packers drafted Raji.
10. Michael Crabtree, wide receiver from Texas Tech University. Crabtree was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers.