Music is an essential part of our youth culture. When your favorite band releases a new single, you have to head over to iTunes and download it asap.
Music gives you something to talk about with new people at parties, or if talking isn’t a priority at the moment due to amount of alcohol you just consumed, it gives you another way to express yourself on the dance floor. I know that I spent a large amount of my paychecks this year on concert tickets and new CDs.
Music defines us. It can influence our moods, help us relax, and turn a bad day into a good day in three minutes flat. Certain songs can bring up memories we hadn’t thought of in years.
This past year had many wonderful songs released by some of the most popular artists. iTunes recently released their list of most popular songs for 2009, based off downloads. There are several repeat offenders on the list, but they really were some of the most popular artists this year.
So, grab your MP3 player and listen to some of them. It’s a great way to remember some fun times with friends, and to avoid studying for finals.
1. Boom Boom Pow- Black Eyed Peas
2. Right Round- Flo Rida
3. Poker Face- Lady Gaga
4. I Gotta Feeling- Black Eyed Peas
5. Gives You Hell- All American Rejects
6. Just Dance- Lady Gaga and Colby O’Donis
7. Party in the U.S.A- Miley Cyrus
8. The Climb- Miley Cyrus
9. Dead and Gone – T.I. and Justin Timberlake
10. Use Somebody- Kings of Leon
11. Don’t Trust Me -3Oh!3
12. Kiss Me Thru the Phone- Soulja Boy
13. Down- Jay Sean
14. My Life Would Suck without You- Kelly Clarkson
15. Fire Burning- Sean Kingston
16. You Belong with Me- Taylor Swift
17. You Found Me- The Fray
18. Heartless- Kayne West
19. I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)- Pitbull
20. Love Story- Taylor Swift