Did you know that there are about 125,000 schools across America? And not included in that count are home school programs offered online.
Here is a list of some of the country’s most reputable home school programs:
1. Laurel Springs is an accredited private distance learning school that was established more than 25 years ago to provide resources for home school families. They also have tutoring programs and tailored curricula for families living abroad.
2. iQ Academy offers a standards-based curriculum backed by supportive teachers, guidance counselors, staff and a learning coach.
3. K12 offers an individualized approach emphasizing students mastery of core concepts while offering more than 700 subject lessons, online seminars, training sessions, a mentorship program and parental community forums.
4. Keystone National High School is an accredited distance learning school, operating for more than 30 years offering independent study curricula for more than 60 different subject areas. They also offer online or correspondence submission for assignments and certified teacher support. Students may enroll simply in a single course or earn a full Keystone High School diploma.
5. Progress Academy was founded by a homeschooling family and offers kindergarten through high school interactive, online comprehensive curricula written by certified teachers. The school also works closely with its partners McGraw-Hill, Glencoe, and BrainPop.
6. Time4Learning offers online pre-kindergarten through 8th grade curriculum and includes thousands of lessons that are time-stamped to account for attendance and printable worksheets. They have graded activities for language arts, social studies, science, math and algebra.
7. Texas Tech University has accredited home school programs for elementary school, middle school and for those students who want to earn a high school diploma.
8. Verticy Learning is a home school program specifically designed for students with language-based learning difficulties.
9. WiloStar3D Academy is an accredited program for grades 4-12 that uses 3D virtual reality within their curriculum. Reportedly the programs are ideal for creative and gifted students and students with special needs.
10. International Virtual Learning Academy is a year-round twelve-month accredited school for grades 3 through 12 that offers standard and college prep diplomas.
These are just a few of the options out there for home schooling or families living abroad who would like to offer their children an American education.